Skip Navigation

International FAQ’s

How do I apply?

You can find our application on the front page of our website. At the top hand of the screen, there will be a button that says “Apply” or go directly to the international undergraduate or international graduate applications.

Am I an international student?

We typically have three categories of “international” students: non-U.S. citizens abroad, non-U.S. citizens or non-permanent residents (i.e. F, L, R visas) living in the U.S., and U.S. citizens living abroad.

If I’m a permanent resident or hold U.S. citizenship, but live outside of the U.S., should I apply as a U.S. student or as an international student?

If you are a U.S. citizen, but are living outside the United States, you will apply as an international student. If you are a permanent resident living inside the United States, then you will apply through our domestic admissions.

How much is the application fee?

There is no application fee to apply to Indiana Tech! You can fill out an application for FREE on our website.

Who is my admissions counselor?

You can find your admissions counselor on our contact page! Search for your country in the “Show Countries” section below each counselor’s information.

How can I submit my application documents?

Undergraduate students will be prompted to upload their documents through the application portal. You can also email if you need additional help

Graduate students must email their documents to

You can also submit your documents by mail to our mailing address below:

International Admissions
1600 E Washington Blvd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46803

Am I able to receive scholarships?

Yes*! Upon application, all international students will automatically be considered for scholarships! 95% of our international students receive financial aid. If you are a traditional non-athlete, you are eligible for Merit Scholarships up to $15,000. If you are an athlete, your coach will issue your athletic scholarship.

We also have two full-tuition scholarships that require additional applications, the Presidential Scholarship and the Vietnamese Scholarship for Excellence. You can find more information about them on our Financial Aid page.

*Graduate students do not qualify for scholarships as we are able to offer our program at almost half the cost of the national average.

Are scholarships available for international transfer students?

Yes! All international transfer students will automatically be considered for transfer scholarships. Please visit our Financial Aid section on our webpage for more information on eligible scholarships.

Is there an application deadline?

Indiana Tech does not have an application deadline. Choosing your university is one of the most important decisions you will make in your lifetime, and we want our applicants to have the necessary time to do so. We also understand that collecting all the necessary documents takes time. For this reason, we do not have a cut-off date for applications for our traditional semesters.

While there is no application deadline, we do try to have all immigration documents issued one month before the start date to ensure that students have the necessary time to make their visa arrangements.

What if my GPA is not on a 4.0 scale? Should I re-calculate my GPA so it is on a 4.0 scale?

We receive applications from dozens of different countries, and most international students do not have a GPA on a 4.0 scale. We evaluate applications within the context of an applicant’s environment, so we are used to seeing a variety of academic systems and grading scales. When you complete the application and send us your high school transcripts, your counselor will calculate your GPA in-house using a grade conversion for your country. There is no need to have your high school transcripts re-calculated by a third party!

What if no English proficiency test is offered near me or it is a financial burden to take the exam?

If there are no offerings, or limited offerings of the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic near you, or if taking these exams presents a financial burden to your family, Indiana Tech does accept the Duolingo English Test (DET). The Duolingo English Test can be taken from the comfort of your own home. You can find more information on our English Proficiency page. Please email to review other options to meet the English language proficiency requirement if you have further questions.

What is a Sponsor’s Affidavit?

The Sponsor’s Affidavit is a document that you will need to provide for your immigration documents. To receive your I-20, you will need to provide financial documentation from your sponsor. Your sponsor is whoever will be financially supporting you while you are earning your degree at Indiana Tech. Your sponsor can be one or multiple people. Along with Proof of Financial Support, your sponsor will need to fill out Indiana Tech’s Sponsor’s Affidavit, providing their personal information and the amount in USD with which they plan to support you. Your admissions counselor will provide you will the form upon your application, but you can also find the Sponsor’s Affidavit of Financial Support online.

When will I receive my I-20?

Once you have received your acceptance letter and submitted your financial documents, your admissions counselor will verify your passport information and issue your I-20. After confirming this, your counselor will send your I-20 through a secure email along with your SEVIS ID# and instructions on how to pay your I-901 fee and book your visa appointment.

International Admissions or International Services?

Both teams are similar and often works together to help the Indiana Tech International Students. Essentially, the International Admissions team handles getting you to Indiana Tech but the International Services team takes over helping you once you are actively taking classes.

If you are a current student, you can find helpful information on the International Services site.

International ServicesInternational Admissions
Immigration Reporting (SEVIS)
Immigration Advising
Programming and Events
Cultural or Social Adjustments
Interdepartmental Advocacy
Recruiting Students
Immigration Reporting (SEVIS)
I want to transfer, what is the process?

As an international student, you are able to request to transfer to a different university for any reason. This process is easy but there are strict rules regarding F-1 students that must be followed. We understand that you are likely to have many questions and ask that you email any questions to so we can better help.

You can read more about the specifics of transferring through our webpage: International Transfer Requests