Visa & Immigration
The U.S. visa process can be difficult to navigate; however, this information will help you complete this process successfully.
To study in the United States, foreign students must obtain a student (F) or exchange visitor (J) visa. Once students have been accepted to Indiana Tech and issued a certificate of eligibility (I-20 or DS-2019), they are encouraged to contact the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate to schedule a visa appointment.
Students are directed to comply with the nonimmigrant visa appointment requirements of the U.S. embassy or consulate nearest to their home.
What documents do I need?
These are typical documents needed for a visa interview:
- A printed copy of your DS-160 application confirmation page
- Visa application payment receipt
- Acceptance letter from Indiana Tech
- Proof of financial ability
- Photo taken no more than six months ago
- Proof of Relationship (if applying with/for dependent/s)
Because requirements and stipulations change between U.S. embassies and consulates, we highly encourage visiting the nonimmigrant visa webpage of the U.S. embassy or consulate nearest you.